The history of rubber and steel ropes
In 1975 tests were started of a new construction of SAG flat rubber and steel balance ropes in order to solve a number of problems related to the vertical transport system. It concerned especially the following:
- providing the balance rope the resistance to the impact of corrosion maintaining at the same time the required safety factor,
- elimination of frequent, difficult and costly replacements of traditional balance ropes,
- cost reduction by extending the balance rope period of exploitation, increasing of operation safety,
- improvement of servicing,
- checking of condition of flat rubber and steel ropes in a mine shaft using a magnetic head.